Port Harcourt Startup & Innovation Tour / Hangout was a 2 day event to understand, as well as bolster the Port Harcourt innovation ecosystem. The organizers engaged with innovation hubs, work spaces, investors, startups, programmers, media brands, digital marketing brands, technologist, entrepreneurs, business owners, as well as mentees and mentors. The main organizers were StartupSouth and Afrilabs.
Port Harcourt Startup Event Activities
The Port-Harcourt Startup event hosted a series of activities which were both educating and engaging. The main activities were:
- Port-Harcourt Innovation Ecosystem Tour
- Hub Leaders Seminar (Starting and Running a Sustainable Innovation Hub) : Watch on Youtube
- Port-Harcourt Startup and Innovation Hangout
The main events partners amongst the many other associate business and startup brands that attended the event includes;
Innovation Hubs Visited in Port-Harcourt
Watch YouTube Videos of Innovation Hub Tour
- Watch YouTube Video of Innovation Hub Tour
- Future Sphere Business & Innovation Hub (@futuresphereng)
- KoWork (Watch on YouTube)
- Ken-Saro Wiwa Innovation Hub (Watch on YouTube)
- Renaissance Innovation Labs (Watch on YouTube)
- Creative Hub Port Harcourt (Watch on YouTube)
- Olotu Square Hub – (Watch on YouTube)
- Tech Creek Port-Harcourt
Main Speakers / Personalities :
- Anna Ekeledo (Exec. Dir. AfriLabs)
- Ikechukwu Uche (SSEAN Investor)
- Uki Asemota-Osifo (Regional Lead Digiclan)
- Uche Aniche ( Convener #StartupSouth )
The Port Harcourt Startup Innovation Ecosystem Hub Tour and Hangout thought stakeholders that hubs have to be domain specific in other to create value for the kind of target clients or investors expected.
(Watch on YouTube – Hub 101: Starting And Running A Innovation Hub).
Noteworthy Keys to Building a Startup or Innovation Hub;
- Develop on “Ideas” that solves a niche problem and can scale fast.
- Startups are innovative solution providers that develop products or services to solve a problem and scale fast to attract investors looking for quick win businesses.
- Incubation Hubs are where to go to for mentorship and guidance on how to build on your startup business ideas.
- Innovation Hubs creates workspace and conducive ecosystem to interaction with like minds
- Angel Investors
- Mentor-Angel Investors
- Venture Capitalist
- Communities for Collaboration
- Hub Leaders or Managers
There is an investment opportunity for everyone, take your pick and contribute to society as an advocate, a social entrepreneur or a capital gains investor.
Top 5 Factors that Make Startup Succeed (IdeaLab)
- Ideas (28%)
- Team / Execution (32%)
- Business Model ( generate customer revenue) (24%)
- Funding (14%)
- Timing (42%) – are consumers really ready for what you are offering
The single biggest reason why start-ups succeed | Bill Gross (Watch on YouTube)